What should I do if I am CPAP intolerant?

Video Overview

What should I do if I am CPAP intolerant? The first thing you need to do is get a referral from your sleep physician indicating that you are intolerant. Then we will interview you and evaluate your jaw joints and your muscles to make sure you can handle having your jaw manipulated forward and tolerate wearing an oral device that will help open your airway by advancing your mandible which brings the tongue forward. If you suffer from severe sleep apnea, we can also do dual-appliance therapy, fabricating an oral appliance that brings the jaw forward in a fixed position as well as you're able to hook the tube to it. So that with your CPAP usage, they can lower the pressures which allows you to be more tolerant of the CPAP for those that suffer from severe sleep apnea.